Frequently Asked Question

An ESTA (officially known as the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation) is part of the United States Visa Waiver program. It lets you visit the US for a period of 90 days or less without the need for a visa – as long as it's for a holiday or a business trip.
An ESTA is open to all citizens of visa waiver countries.

  • 01.Valid passport(s) from a Visa Waiver Program country.
  • 02.Traveler's valid email address.
  • 03.Traveler's home address and phone number.
  • 04.Traveler's emergency point of contact phone and email.
  • 05.Payment

Official ESTA guidance recommends that you apply at least 72 hours before you travel to the US, though your application may be processed instantly.

The group application enables all members to receive their ESTA authorisation at the same time. The validity period of these travel authorisations is therefore the same for them all and the whole family can enjoy further future visits together.

The short answer to this question is no, you cannot fast track an ESTA application. However, by ensuring that your ESTA application is completed with all of the correct information, there is a much better chance that it will get processed quickly and approved.

Although there are no specific rules regarding how many days in advance you need to apply for ESTA, normally you will receive the results of your application within three days, or 72 hours. Therefore, it is recommended to apply for it at least three days in advance.

An ESTA is valid for two years, or until your passport expires - whichever comes first. If you received an ESTA for a visit to the US less than two years ago, but renewed your passport afterwards, you'll need to submit a new application.

It only allows you to travel to the United States under the terms of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), which only allows you to stay in the United States for 90 days or less. If you plan to stay longer than 90 days, you must obtain a visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate

There is no limit on the number of times you may enter the U.S. under either ESTA of a visa. However, if re-entering the U.S. using ESTA soon after staying for nearly 90 days, you can expect to be questioned in detail by the immigration officer about the purpose of your visit.

No – when the ESTA expires, you need to submit a new application.

Do you have to upload your passport for ESTA? You do not have to upload your passport for ESTA but you have the option to do so. If you upload a picture of your passport, the biographic information will be automatically added to the ESTA form to save time.

If an applicant made a mistake on their passport or biographical information, he or she will need to submit a new application. The associated fee will be charged for each new application submitted.